Singapore 2011 – Day 2 – Universal Studios
- This time around, I decided to tag along to Universal Studios at Sentosa Resort, Singapore as I went to Singapore a day earlier than last year. It was also made possible as I didn’t attend the Cool Japan forum on this day.
- We went in the early morning using the trains then the cable car and reached there around 10am. I’m technically afraid of heights but looks like I was able to suppress or even override the fear from this trip.
- Before officially entering the area, we had some shenanigans in front trying to get a good shot in with the spinning globe of smoking awesome.
- In a simple summary, we went to most of the rides, even the “extreme” rides such as the Cylon and Human roller-coasters from Battlestar Galactica. There were lots of side-stuff like professional cosplayers whom you can take photos with and live performances as you walk around the area. In a sense, there is always something lurking every corner!
- Great Scott! We had a burger-filled meal here. The price (SGD1X) was reasonable and the taste was good.
- We stayed there until closing – which was 7pm. A few timed events were missed and the water resort was unfortunately closed that day.
- At the end of the day, we went to eat with a friend from Singapore at a Ramen restaurant. Went cheap and got the most affordable set (SGD1X) while drinking the free plain water like no tomorrow due to dehydration (as I did not bring enough water with me for the fun-filled hot day).
The day’s point of interest was this ride. This is the second time we took it as we took the first one to time the camera expressions above. Spent SGD18 just for this one. ^^;
Random Note #1: I took a total of 5 roller-coaster rides.
Random Note #2: It was scary although my face says otherwise!
Random Note #3: Money, it disappears the moment you start looking at merchandises.
Random Note #4: You shall not leave Universal Studios, specifically the Battlestar Galactica section without a “WTF? – What The Frak?” t-shirt.
That’s all for now, more quick posts later on. =P