Spray Paint Try-Out #1 – Sanding & Sparkling Silver *UPDATED*
Semester break is on and I have some plans, especially for Aizu Gundam. However, I dare not do it immediately on the planned kit, so, I decided to use an already built kit which seems easy to spray paint (no masking needed).
- Super-glued the hips and the striker pack’s “tail”. Not really trying to hide the seams though but hopefully it works out fine.
- Sanded the areas with nubs and scratched sections using a basic sandpaper. Quite smooth however.
- Cleaned the parts with wet tissue before painting as per sbhboi’s suggestion.
- Set up a painting “booth” using the box from my 32″ LCD TV. Works great.
- Get and used a mask.
- Sprayed using vegeta’s “burst” spray technique.
- Left to dry for a while outside. Now kept in an unused room to let the paint set in better and let the smell “diffuse”.
- Guess what kit I used, should be obvious, really. XP
- Anyone remembered I said that I wanted to paint the main body some other color but can’t? Well, now I can. :D
Yep, that’s about it. This is my first time doing this on a model kit so I’m not expecting anything perfect but I really had fun… minus the smell.
I did try the “Black Flat” as well but I kinda messed up but the mistake doesn’t seem to be visible after everything is put back together though (not in the photos).